What information we collect about you
We collect personal information about you when you create an account, and when you access and use the Website. In particular, we will collect, and you may be asked to provide:
- first names;
- last name;
- your email address;
- information about how the Website is used (for example, traffic volumes, time spent on pages).
You agree and acknowledge that information you provide may be hosted on the Website.
You are under no obligation to provide us with any such information. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, then your profile may not be fully complete, and/or we may not be able to provide you with certain services or functionality.
What do we do with the information we collect
We will use the personal information we collect, and may share such personal information with other entities or users to:
- provide our services, including hosting your personal information on the Website;
- identify you when you sign-in to your account and verify that your account is not being used by others;
- carry out research and analysis so we can better understand and serve you;
- gather broad anonymous demographic data (such as the number of visitors from a geographic area);
- where permitted by law, communicate with you in relation to the Website and any other services we provide from time to time;
- where permitted by law, co-operate with any government, industry or regulatory authorities.
Storage and security of information
You acknowledge that transmissions over the internet may not always be secure. We will take all reasonable steps to securely store any personal information collected through the Website and made available to the public. This information may (for the avoidance of doubt) be transferred and stored on servers outside of New Zealand.
Any information sent through the Website is passed through a secure server using encryption technology. All personal information stored by us is protected through secure passwords, user log-ons and other security procedures.
Our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information we hold. You play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the Website. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other internet user or any other breach of security.
Retention of your information
You have the right under the Privacy Act 2020 to access and/or correct your personal information held by us. You can do this by contacting us using the details below.
Arts, Community, Events
Private Bag 92300,
More information about privacy